When you create a new shipment through the “Send/replenish inventory” option in the Inventory Amazon Fulfils page of your Selling Account, or you work on an existing shipment not yet completed, you enter what is called the “shipping workflow”. This tool, which will guide you through the preparation of your shipment to an Amazon Fulfilment Centre, consists of several steps that enable you to customise your shipment based on your selections within each step. One of these steps will prompt you to select a shipping method among these:
- Small Parcel Deliveries (SPDs) consist of units packed in individual boxes and individually labeled for delivery.
- Less Than Truckload (LTL) shipment combines individual boxes on pallets for delivery. The truck might contain shipments to other destinations.
- Full Truckload (FTL) shipments combine individual boxes on pallets for delivery. The truckload consists of inventory from only one shipment with one destination.
Fulfilment by Amazon Shipping and Routing Requirements apply to all boxes shipped to Amazon Fulfilment Centres whether by Small Parcel Delivery or LTL/FTL. Please read these requirements carefully to ensure your shipment is successfully received into the Fulfilment Centre.
Once you have chosen your shipping method, and you ship to us with any common carrier, you will be then able to enter the following references received from your carrier in the “shipping workflow” in order to enable tracking of your items in-transit:
- the tracking number(s) for Small Parcel Deliveries
- the bill of lading (BOL) number and the pro/freight bill number for LTL/FTL shipments
To avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend you use a reputable carrier company to deliver shipments on your behalf. Private domestic vehicles are not allowed to make deliveries to Amazon's Fulfilment Centres.