When you have a Professional seller account, you can use Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) free of charge to manage your online business on Amazon. Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated Web service API that helps Amazon sellers to programmatically exchange data on listings, orders, payments, reports, and more. XML data integration with Amazon enables higher levels of selling automation. By using Amazon MWS, sellers can increase selling efficiency, reduce labour requirements, and improve response time to customers.
To be eligible to use Amazon MWS, sellers must have at least a Selling on Amazon Pro account, an Amazon WebStore account or a Checkout by Amazon account. Individual sellers are not eligible to register for or use Amazon MWS. If you have an Individual seller account and would like to use Amazon MWS, you can become eligible to register for Amazon MWS by upgrading to a Pro Merchant seller account from the Amazon Services Selling on Amazon page.
Amazon MWS provides the following major features:
- Inventory management — You can perform batch uploads of inventory, add products, check inventory levels, examine pricing information, and perform other inventory management tasks.
- Order management — You can download order information, obtain payment data, acknowledge orders, and schedule reports.
- Reports management — You can use Amazon MWS to request generation of a variety of reports; you can query the status of these reports, and then download them.
For Professional sellers who use Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA), Amazon MWS also allows you to:
- Create inbound shipments to the fulfilment centre — You can automate the process for creating labels for units you ship to a fulfilment centre.
- Check status of inbound shipments — You can check to see if your shipment has reached a fulfilment centre and, if so, whether the shipment has been processed.
- Track and manage outbound shipment requests — Once orders have left our fulfilment centres, you can track shipments and keep your customers aware of arrival times.
To get started with Amazon MWS go to the registration page and click the "Sign up for MWS" button.